Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Are you skilled in early childhood development and/or advocacy? And would you like to put your skills to use in a renowned global foundation dedicated to bringing about change and building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, life-long learners?
Are you ready to contribute to making a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to empowering children through play to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
The LEGO Foundation drives an ambitious agenda and we are currently implementing new ways of working and building capabilities across the organisation. Therefore, we expect to grow our team over the next 18 months. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is a key part of achieving this ambition by being a driven and skilled international specialist, who is able to drive true social impact by applying the right focus on monitoring progress and evaluating results.
Provide world-class monitoring
As monitoring and evaluation manager, you report to the Head of Excellence, who oversees operations. Here, you will have direct contact with partners and be responsible for providing high quality guidance and leadership oversight to the LEGO Foundation and our partners on all aspects of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and put in place an effective MEL approach including documented processes and tools.
Highly technical role focused on early childhood development or advocacy
You will work closely with programme and research colleagues to provide technical support on the design and implementation of their MEL frameworks and implementation plans. This includes defining clear and measurable KPIs to capture formal and informal learnings. Ensuring collaboration and consultation across the Foundation, you improve the clarity of the programmes and initiatives to enhance their reach and scale. You will:
- Advise partners on MEL processes, systems and good practice, thereby enabling quality partner reporting
- Contribute during partnership proposal and application phases to ensure that all partnership agreements include adequate MEL components
- Assess the partner MEL reporting during the funds release process and sign-off on the quality of the partner reporting’s MEL component
- Develop performance monitoring systems, performance and impact evaluations, assessments, informal reviews and surveys across the work of the Foundation
Skilled monitoring and evaluation professional with field work experience
Ideally, you have field work experience and now you are ready to put your expertise in early childhood development or advocacy to use in a more behind the scenes role. You have strong communication, facilitation and process training skills and you are able assertively influence stakeholders through your engaging interpersonal skills. To facilitate this, you:
- Hold a masters’ degree in monitoring and evaluation, social research, ethnography, statistics or related field
- Have 5+ years’ experience in monitoring and evaluating advocacy and/or early childhood development with field experience in low or middle income countries.
- Are experienced in planning and implementing participatory evaluations
- Communicate fluently in English and are able to relocating to Denmark
Embark with us on our journey
If you would like to join our team in Billund, Denmark, to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter.
- This position was posted in May 2017
- We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate
- Please remember to attach your application and a current CV in English
We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, click here>>