Manager and Director for Early Learning Initiatives
Are you experienced in working with advocacy and programme partners on early childhood development? And would you like to be part of a foundation, where you are backed by a brand that opens doors, you have the liberty to work with partners and can collaborate broadly to impact children all over the world?
Do you want to help make a vision come to life
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
The LEGO Foundation drives an ambitious agenda and we are currently implementing new ways of working and building capabilities across the organisation. Therefore, we expect to grow our team over the next 18 months. The Initiatives Manager/Director is a key part of achieving this ambition by being a driven and skilled international leader, advocate and communicator, who can work with a range of partners to ensure that children ages 0-6 can develop their full range of skills through play.
Join our Early Childhood programme
You will join our Learning through Play in Early Childhood programme to take on management responsibilities in our Early Learning initiative. In the Early Learning initiative, we seek to develop and advocate for affordable, high-quality early childhood development approaches for 3-6 year olds in partnership with academics, NGOs/social enterprises and international organisations.
Develop plans and help bring them to life
Collaborating broadly, both internally and externally, on initiative plans, you drive the direction of the initiative, including goal setting, partner selection, activity planning, target audience definition and follow-up. To meet the goals, you help build fruitful, programme-wide collaboration and consultation, as you:
- Develop, drive and co-ordinate the initiative around affordable, play-based models for early childhood centres
- Function as an active advocate for Learning through Play and the LEGO idea to deploy play based learning methods
- Work closely with partners to develop a world-class program that demonstrates the impact of play-based ECD on child outcomes
- Manage the relationships with initiative grantees / partners and support them in delivering the desired outcomes
Advocacy skills and collaborative mindset
This role requires you to have a collaborative mind-set, strong influencing skills and a passion for working with early childhood development. As you need to build lasting relationships across cultures and locations, you need to be good at communicating and doing it with transparency to build up trust. You are analytical and structured in your approach to planning and execution, and also open to change, having the ability to manage complexities and ambiguities along the way.
- You hold a master’s degree and 3-10 years’ work experience in a related field, including, but not limited to, education, philanthropy, development and policy.
- You have solid skills within programme design, development, implementation, evaluation and/or oversight, and bring with you experience in working with development partners.
- Your background has given you experience and understanding of advocacy, enabling you to communicate with impact.
- You have experience with grant management, either as a grant giver or a grantee, preferably including a strong understanding of monitoring and evaluating grants.
- You have work experience from South Asia or Africa, and you speak and write English fluently.
Embark with us on our journey
If you would like to join our team in Billund, Denmark, to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter.
- This position was posted in May 2017
- We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate
- Please remember to attach your application and a current CV in English
We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, click here>>