Initiatives Manager, Mexico
Do you want to make a difference for children’s learning? In this role, you will be in the eye of the storm, using our strong voice in Mexico and your local knowledge to build a future where learning through play initiatives are central to the Early Childhood Development sector.
Are you ready to contribute to making a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
Collaborate to advance our goals
You enter a key role for the Mexico programme. As an initiatives manager, you collaborate with many stakeholders, including government, foundations and international organisations, to help advance our advocacy goals. But you also cooperate internally with colleagues focusing on research, communications and operations.
Make a difference via great advocacy and communications strategies
Among many other things, you help to develop cross-sector dialogue, create commitment from local stakeholders and work towards the inclusion of play in learning environments. More specifically, you will be managing projects and become responsible for the advocacy and communications strategies in Mexico, including digital and written press, social media and internal communications. Focusing especially on early childhood and children 0 to 5, this includes:
- Playing an active role in changing attitudes through the execution of advocacy initiatives
- Identifying, developing and managing projects that reach parents
- Supporting partners in executing learning through play activities
- Enabling the relationship with national and local authorities and influencers
Experience with education and public policy
We are looking for somebody, who wants to help children benefit from the transformative power of learning through play to develop their intellectual, emotional, social and creative skills. This requires a clear understanding of the early childhood sector, the confidence to network with government officials and the ability to navigate in a multicultural environment and collaborate with many different people.
- You have managed projects for 5+ years’ in the early childhood development or education sector, and you understand the key players and policies within the sector
- Desirably, you have 3+ years’ experience working in the social or public sector
- You have developed and implemented communication strategies
- You have a degree in public policy, education or similar
- You are fluent in English and Spanish
Make a dream come true
If you would like to join our team in Mexico to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter.
This position was posted 9 November, 2017
We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate
To apply, please enter your application to OneRecruit>>