Advocacy Initiatives Lead
Would you like to be part of our Communities of Learning through Play programme and help us ensure that learning through play is at the core of how children in Denmark learn and develop?
Employees of the LEGO Foundation work to build a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners. This we do so children can benefit from the transformative power of learning through play to develop the intellectual, emotional, social and creative skills to serve them, their communities, and society a lifetime.
Join the LEGO Foundation
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon.
The family ownership of the LEGO Group is a strong part of our heritage. As part of the ongoing commitment to giving children better opportunities to reach their full potential, the owner family is actively engaged in the LEGO Foundation board of directors and has chosen to transfer ownership of 25% of the Group to the LEGO Foundation. This is how we fund our activities.
Communities of Learning through Play
Globally, there is a growing focus on quality learning and what this means at national levels. This creates a unique opportunity for the LEGO Foundation to influence how communities prepare children for the future.
With the “Communities of Learning through Play” programme we create synergies through partnerships and collaboration across the full learning ecosystem in different countries, and use examples of how children learn through play to emphasise creative, engaged, lifelong learning and its impact in practice. We aim to create the best learning environments for children up to the age of twelve.
In the programme – department – Communities of Learning through Play we are a strong team of 6 colleagues, planning to grow even more. Our office is in Billund but we also have colleagues outside Denmark. We are very much focused on sharing knowledge, information and progress – together we succeed.
Tasks and activities
The Initiatives Lead is responsible for developing, coordinating and driving a multiple stakeholder portfolio, which reflects the mission and strategic ambitions of the LEGO Foundation in Denmark. The stakeholders are both from within the LEGO Foundation and the LEGO Group as well as external partners on governance, executive and operational level. The person will drive both a national agenda as well as a local agenda with the Municipality of Billund, with whom the LEGO Foundation shares a vision of making Billund town – the Capital of Children.
Your tasks include to:
- Develop & drive “Learning through Play” advocacy initiative plan(s) in formal and informal settings across all age groups based on SMART objectives, including evidence, programme and buy-in activities
- Be an active advocate for learning through play LTP and the LEGO Idea to implement play based learning methods
- Identify relevant partners to drive the initiative plan(s) and engage and support chosen partners in advocacy efforts through on-boarding and training (screening/negotiation/contracting)
- Drive the development and employment of initiative-specific contextual knowledge
- Collaborate with the LEGO Foundation team to ensure a strong internal culture and consultation across programmes
- Develop and enhance activities from Capital of Children to showcase the power of learning through play and spread to all of Denmark
As Initiatives Lead you have leadership responsibilities on an operational and tactical level to ensure that the overall theory of change and strategic goals are achieved according to the governance and leadership team directions provided through annual plans, budgets, initiatives, grants, etc.
Qualifications, experience and personality
You have a passion for creating a future where children become creative, engaged, lifelong learners and understand the nature of advocacy and advocate with impact. You can develop SMART goals, clear plans and adapt with agility. You must be able to lead projects and achieving results through partners. You are furthermore able to analyse and conceptualise initiatives and activities based on input from numerous stakeholders.
- Master degree in social science or similar educational background
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from comparable job tasks
- Deep knowledge of and insight into the Danish education system
- Knowledge about major players and stakeholders in the Danish education system
- Understanding of creative play for children aged 0-12 years
- Good collaboration skills to ensure collaboration within the programme and across the foundation
- Able to conduct leadership through others
- Written and spoken Danish and English at a high level
Ready to join us on our bold journey?
If you would like to join our motivated and deeply committed team, please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short letter indicating your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
- The interview process will start in the coming weeks
- The final interviews are in our offices in Billund
- This position will be based in Billund