Head of Communication
Are you ready to contribute to making a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of Learning through Play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where Learning through Play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
The LEGO Foundation drives an ambitious agenda and we are currently implementing new way of working and building capabilities across the organisation. Therefore, we expect to grow our team over the next 18 months. The Head of Communication is a key part of achieving this ambition by being a driven and skilled international leader, advocate and communicator, who is able to position the LEGO Foundation as a leading advocate for Learning through Play.
Tasks and activities
The Head of Communication is responsible for driving a professional and full-scope communication function to-gether with a small team of professionals, encompassing: Corporate communication, media relations, brand management, online network, external positioning and large events, strategic and operational communication support for advocacy initiatives, public affairs as well as positioning of the LEGO Foundation internationally.
One of the first key tasks for the Head of Communication is building the Communication team by successful peo-ple selection and on-boarding (currently one employee in the team) as well as establishing shared processes, methods and tools to maximise outcome of advocacy and positioning opportunities.
Your tasks include to:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the profile of the LEGO Founda-tion; broaden awareness of its programmes and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programmes across key stakeholder audiences
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding LEGO Foundation programmes, special events, public announcements, and other projects
- Prioritise media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed for the CEO and Leadership Team
- Support and enable our programme teams to drive advocacy initiatives, develop compelling messages and effec-tive campaigns leveraged by strong communication activities
- Ensure that the LEGO Foundation leverages the LEGO brand, the LEGO idea and the LEGO values to benefit our agenda and embed these in playful and creative communication
- Oversee development of all LEGO Foundation print communications including the annual report, and digital com-munications including the LEGO Foundation website and social media platforms; manage relationships with asso-ciated vendors
- Lead and manage a communications team to support the development and execution of the communications strategy and promote a culture that values play, learning and a commitment to quality.
As Head of Communication you take responsibility for the best possible strategic and operational communication approach in the LEGO Foundation and as people leader you promote a playful culture and driving coherence, collaboration, and simplicity in the organisation.
Experience, skills, personality and qualifications
You have a passion for creating a future in which children become creative, engaged, lifelong learners and under-stand the impact communication has in enabling a visionary agenda. In addition to this, we have outlined below what we are looking for.
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a management role either in a global setting or as lead of a globally oriented entity in the field of advocacy, communication or public affairs
- Insight into and experience with global advocacy activities
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive, strategic, international agenda; proactively building international relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Degree in communication, journalism, public affairs or related field is required
- Excellent communicator with strong writing abilities and creativity
- Fluent in Danish and English – both spoken and in writing
Personality and skills
- You are able to translate strategic thinking into communication plans and output supported by effective partnership and project management skills
- You are able to leverage on-the-ground experiences or specific research results to strategic brand positioning
- You have excellent interpersonal competencies and the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people (researchers and practitioners) across geographies and cultural contexts
- You are credible and persuasive, emphatic, collaborative, bringing both internal and external views. Objective-driven and a high achiever.
- You are able to serve as a “player/coach” to motivate and mentor the team and drive performance through clear direction setting, delegation and involvement.
- And you are ready to deliver hands-on communication activities yourself
The position is based in Billund and includes 50-60 days of travel per year.
Ready to join us on our journey?
If you would like to join our motivated and deeply committed team, please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short letter indicating your interest.
This position was posted in February 2017
We review applications as of March 2017
We start with the interviews in May 2017
To apply, please click here>>
Please remember to attach your application and a current CV in English.
We take candidates into the process on an ongoing basis so please send an updated CV and application as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.