Would you like to use your experience with grant management and compliance within a global foundation? In this position, you will make full use of your analytical skills, work on philanthropic projects and collaborate with colleagues across the LEGO Foundation.
Are you ready to contribute to making a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
The LEGO Foundation drives an ambitious agenda and we are currently implementing new ways of working and building capabilities across the organisation. The Grant Manager is a key part of achieving this ambition by being a driven and skilled international specialist, who is able to apply the right focus on grant management and compliance.
A unique team – and numerous stakeholders
You will be part of our Excellence team, working at the operational side of the foundation. You will work with the grants administration, with numerous internal stakeholders such as our three programmes, research, finance, and legal - as well as our grantees globally.
Help realise the strategic direction of the foundation
You will help realise the strategic direction, ensuring clear agreements with external partners, such as UNICEF and BRAC, assessing risks and securing compliance. Supporting and developing central steps in the grant management process and system, you:
- Contribute to a flexible professional grant management process in line with policies and external regulation
- Quality assure grant proposals, applications and contracts as well as evaluate external risks
- Maintain the system with stakeholder interfaces including a database of all grant supported projects
- Contribute to the negotiation and contracting process with partners to ensure clarity on agreements, milestones, deliverables and financial plans
Experience within international development or the philanthropic industry
As a great collaborator, you present your constructive feedback to internal colleagues and guide your stakeholders for each grant. With a clear understanding of the world of a foundation and NGOs, you have:
- A legal, economic or administrative background and 5+ years of experience from international development or the philanthropic industry
- Experience with compliance, grant management and/or management of donor funded projects
- Experience in development of request for proposals, project descriptions, terms of references in international context and performance follow up
- Potential experience with legal matters investigating issues and/or project management
Embark with us on our journey
If you would like to join our team in Billund, Denmark, to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter.
- This position was posted in July 2017
- We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate
- Please remember to attach your application and a current CV in English
We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, click here>>