Developing an affordable, high quality, play based early learning model for children aged 3 to 5 year-old in Bangladesh, Tanzania and Uganda.
The BRAC Play Lab project is a partnership between the LEGO Foundation, BRAC International in Uganda and Tanzania, BRAC USA, and the Centre for Play at BRAC University’s Institute of Educational Development in Bangladesh. The partnership is developing and piloting an affordable, high quality, play-based early childhood programme for 3-5 year-old children.
The project will:
- launch 240 Play Labs for over 7000 children
- develop an age appropriate play-based curriculum
- train nearly 400 paraprofessional girls as play leaders
- work with local communities and educate parents on the importance and value of learning through play
- design safe and sustainable play spaces and materials with low-cost materials
A Play Consortium of national and global experts will collate best practices and ensure the quality of the Play Labs. Research will focus on the impact on children’s whole child development. The initiative will establish an evidence-based proof of concept of a scalable Play Lab model based on low-cost and high-impact interventions.
For more information about BRAC Institute of Education Development, click here>>