Research Specialist - creativity and learning
Would you like to be part of our Centre for Creativity, Play and Learning and help us ensure that learning through play is at the core of how children learn and develop – and take our high ambitions to the next level?
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
The Centre for Creativity, Play and Learning is an entity within the LEGO Foundation, reflecting the Foundation’s commitment to be a leading authority on the role of play for children’s development, creativity and lifelong learning. The Centre has an international network of research partners and institutions to develop and implement research on creativity, play and learning, and support the international programmes of the LEGO Foundation to provide impact on children’s learning through play.
An exciting and challenging job
The Research Specialist supports the core research agenda on learning through play to lay the groundwork for the LEGO Foundation’s aim of becoming a thought leader. You will be responsible for and track the field of children’s play and learning and conduct critical studies related to learning through play; in particular, core research into the role of creativity for children’s development and learning.
Key tasks and activities
You will maintain attention to our core understanding of learning through play and ensure consistent use of language and methodologies for the benefit of the long-term thought-leadership agenda. This includes providing a consistent approach to the understanding of creativity, in particular among young children and by that develop simple short communication materials such as articles and studies.
To take our high ambitions to the next level, the Research Specialist is expected to:
- Support ongoing research studies in the core research team by managing research projects, finding research subjects and following-up on activities.
- Prepare systematic reviews, summaries and abstracts of relevant research with a particular emphasis on play and its relation to creativity, learning and embodied cognition.
- Identify relevant articles and studies for the use in programmes or communication.
- Participate in activities to consult and implement research in the LEGO Foundation teams.
- Collaborate with internal and external specialists, on initiative plan(s) ensuring strong collaboration and consultation across programmes.
- Present and publish studies on the impact and benefits of how children learn in coordination with programme initiatives and encourage/support partners to do the same
- Create summaries of research from the academic network and support the transfer of insights into presentation for programmes and communication.
- Create and maintain an online overview of key research institutions, papers, journals and conferences.
Qualifications, experience and personality
- PhD in Neuroscience, Developmental Psychology or related area
- Minimum 3 years of experience running independent research studies or collaborations with academic research partners
- Experience with applying research methodology and subsequently transforming data into insights
- Knowledge of working with philanthropy partners or research impact.
- Strong skills in investigating issues, evaluating problems and an innovative mind-set.
- Outstanding oral and written English communication and presentation skills
Ready to join us on our bold journey?
If you would like to join our motivated and deeply committed team, please send us your application, including your CV and a short letter indicating your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
- The position will be based in Billund, Denmark
How to apply
Apply via this link>>
Please remember to attach your application and a current CV in English.
We take candidates into the process on an ongoing basis so please send an updated CV and application as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.